How Do You Take Your Fridge?
Did you know there is a “correct” way to organize your fridge?
The top shelf and door tend to be the warmest “zones”, while the middle and bottom shelves get progressively cooler. So, you should keep condiments in the door, dairy products, eggs and spreads on the upper shelves, meats and milk on the lowest shelf and fruits and vegetables in the crisper.
- Place things in practical spots so you don’t buy things you already have but can’t see. Make zones for each food type (dairy, fruit, veggies, sauces, deli, etc.)
- Remove packaging and invest in clear bins
- Place perishables front and center. You won’t forget about what you see…
- Separate your fruits and vegetables. Most fruits produce a gas that can cause vegetables to decompose faster.
- Bread (freezer is okay)
- Potatoes (keep away from onions)
- Onions (keep away from potatoes)