The Self Report: How to Protect Your Energy
The Self Report is a series of posts on Reena’s Edit for mental health and wellness. These may include the newest research, previous or current experiences, and methods of care by Reena or featured guests. Some subjects we will cover are body love, the importance of self care, daily rituals for mental health, recommended products or services, self valuation, and creating your future.
- Not answering my phone when I don’t want to talk.
- Replying to messages at my own convenience, not at the earliest convenience of others.
- Waking up early in the morning to ground myself before getting the busy day started.
- Not fighting to be right.
- Choosing my battles. Everything is not as equally important.
- Leaving parties, events, conversations, or interactions when my energy is being drained. Peacefully step away for yourself.
- Take time for yourself to relax and reflect.
Things That May Lead to Burnout:
- Listening to people complain over and over.
- Unhealthy conversations with unhealthy people.
- Doing things that don’t spark yourself joy.
- Doing your best work with little appreciation.
- Lack of balance in your roles and duties.
- High expectations in work, home, or relationships.
- Having a strong urge to control situations outside of your control.
- Giving out advice to people who don’t value your feedback.