Get the Look: Hair Health 101
Get The Look is a series on Reena’s Edit. See expert fashion advice, hair styles and tips, and beauty tips. Get The Look is an instructional segment for you to achieve our looks.
- Only comb wet hair with a wide-tooth comb.
- Trim your hair every few weeks.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo since sulfate strips your hair of its natural oils.
- Apply conditioner to the middle and ends of your hair after every shampooing.
- Rinse the conditioner off with cold water for shine and strength.
- Use a microfibre towel to ring out the water.
- Sleep on silk pillows.
- Eat the nutrients your hair needs, such as fruits, citrus foods, nuts, vegetables, eggs, and whole grain.
Avoiding the Dangers:
- Avoid coloring your hair if you can. Bleaching is hard so try lemon or honey to lighten the hair.
- Avoid heat as much as possible. Opt for an air dry or a heatless look.
- Use DIY hair masks – check out our favorite recipes here
- Use oils on ends
- Massage your head